Monday, March 8, 2021

My Friends and I Pay Some Movie Directors and Production Managers Before They Give Us Role- Nollywood Actress, Joke Mustapha (Yes)

 Yes, that is the name Joke Mustapha is identified as in the Nigerian movie industry. She began acting five years ago and has gathered some bittersweet experiences in the motion picture profession. 

“I discovered that the movie industry is highly competitive, full of beefing and god-fatherism. Nevertheless, it is accommodating and full of fun. In a film location, you meet different people with different characters,” Yes shared with Olori Wendy Blog. 

She likewise shared some of her experience with movie directors and the DOP’s, describing her sexual harassment encounters with them. 

“Most directors want to get down with me and I am always denied major roles for refusing their sexual requests. Sometimes my friends and I pay some directors and some production managers (PM) before they give us movie role.”

She also shared how fast-rising actors are not remunerated for roles despite budget being made to pay them for acting. Most fast-rising actors in the Yoruba movie industry produce their own movie in order to be highlighted by playing the major role in their film. After playing series of few scenes in other producers’ projects, Yes produced her own movie. 

“My first movie production is titled Aramide. It is like a dream come true producing my own movie after being ridiculed by some of my colleagues in the industry who did not believe I could ever be a producer,” Yes shared. 

According to the producer-cum-actress, her movie project was successful, as she featured popular Nollywood stars like Mustapha Shola Gbade, Owolabi Ibrahim, Lekan Olatunji, Ina-jo, and Gida, as well as other known faces. She attributes the accomplishment to the glory of the God.

One of the unique things about Aramide is that it is the true life story of a lady she met a long time ago, who gave her the approval to use her story as a movie.

“I had some challenges during my production. My production manager disappointed me by not bringing some of the actresses I paid for. However, to God be the glory, the movie was a success eventually,” she shared. 

Nevertheless, despite her bittersweet experience in the movie industry, Joke Mustapha is not giving up on becoming a household name as an actress.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful actress

Anonymous said...

Is the movie out on YouTube?

Anonymous said...

How come actresses always have sexual harassment stories

Unknown said...

Glad to see these. May Lord help ur abundance more than these👍💯

Unknown said...

More power to your elbow

Unknown said...

May almighty God be with you and lift you higher....