Friday, March 20, 2015

Iyanya discloses his pain and love


Famous people are seen as being invisible to life's challenges. On a beautiful morning in Asaba, Olori Wendy caught up with Nigerian International music star, Iyanya, and he reveals life is not always as sweet as oreo

From project fame till now, how would you describe the journey?

I would just say it's been amazing, it's been ups, it's been down. There have been good times, bad times, you know at the end of the day, life always come through.


You are a great singer and performer, do you feel there is something you want more or do you see what you do as perfection?

Everyday I wake up, I say to myself I am a legend. I see the likes of Daddy Showkey, Shine Peter, King Sunny Ade, Ebenezer Obey, these are great people that their time has passed but their music is still very very alive they are still keeping it going so that's my dream, to do music that will not just reign for three months but even when I'm fifty people will still call me to perform my hit songs, that's my dream and I will definitely achieve it.


What are the pains you go through silently?

I'm human too, you understand like I always tell people, the only difference between we famous people and people out there is that we are on TV but we are pretty much the same. We have the same challenges, the same needs, we have that same pressure that every other person is going through. For famous people, it is worse for them because they are already a step ahead of everybody so it's like theirs has to be different and everybody expect theirs to be different. Sometimes the moment you become famous, people start seeing you as a god when infact you are just human so yeah, that's what it is.


What are you up to music wise?

I'm still doing music, I'm still on the path of greatness trying to encourage people that look up to me. I wake up everyday knowing that thousands of Nigerians, Africans want that good melody and I work hard so let's just keep fingers crossed on new surprises. 


A lot of entertainers have kids or are married, what plans do you have on that? How come you are not yet a baby father despite being seen as a sex symbol?

I don't know I really don't know but children bring joy, children bring peace, love and lots of good things because I'm a blessing to my parents so I will not say No to God, if it's not working, but there's none right now but I know it will come through so keep fingers crossed. #imjustkidding. I don't have any plans to marry or get an entertainer pregnant, to have a baby with a woman who is not ready. I don't think I wanna have kids with a woman who is not ready to settle down. I tell you 99% of famous girls out there are not ready to settle down.
it is like we are on the same level, I'm not saying I'm not ready to settle down but it's like we are on the same field, trust issues, we know how the industry is, we know what happens in the industry so I want to settle with somebody who gives me peace. When I go home, I don't want to see an entertainer, I want to see a woman and that just keeps me sane but I cant be outside running around putting my life together as a famous guy and I come back home to another famous woman, there's no peace. 


Word to Fans?

Thank you so much for project fame. My fans are very faithful and amazing, they have supported me from the beginning and I just want to say let's keep the fire burning and I love and appreciate you all.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quite interesting, good one wendy. So real

Anonymous said...

He's so down to earth. Complete african man in his talks

Anonymous said...

Very warm hearted from the way he talks. But eish, after enjoying himself with all the em em, he doesn't wanna marry an entertainer

Anonymous said...

He must have tried and from experience didn't work out so apparently he is right in his choice

Anonymous said...

Na wa oo. Free women, so to speak, but one princess. Celebrity life is real n unreal. Not easy staying on top. Big up Iyanya

Anonymous said...

Impressive he wants to make ever green music and not just total beautiful nonsense

Anonymous said...

He has no choice having felt the 2 sides of life. He knows pain and he understands love. Keep it up bruv

Anonymous said...

He's very humble, and his swagg got no limit. Calm as well and sweet like oreo...

Anonymous said...

Even madam olori wendy dey cuddle snap. Who no like beta thing?

Anonymous said...

Nice interview. Real talk, deep from a star. Nice one wendy. Keep it up. This looks beta than the gossips we hear bout him