Monday, December 31, 2012

Staff and Clients walk up to the 36th floor at Necom House

Staff and Clients walk up to the 36th floor at Necom House

Having an appointment in one of the offices at the former Nitel Headquarter now known as Necom House, in Marina Lagos, I arrived there only to be told there is no light and the generator is not working and I have to use the dark scary stairs up to the 25th floor where my appointment is as the elevator is not working as a result of no electricity. !!! Omg,!!! Who does that?, It however brought back memories of working in a television station located at Logemo House on Ikorodu road where the lift doesn't work and my colleagues and other staff will agonize walking up and down the stairs to our office which was on the 9th floor. 



It's shameful and terrible that corporate organizations will operate in buildings whose facilities aren't working properly, it is also stressful for the staff and improper for the clients doing businesses there. So drilling as the building is about 36 floors and I can see people going up and down like they are used to it, while some visitors are making U-turn as they hear the elevator isn't operating. 



It's a big shame that lights goes off and on in this country, totally pathetic when people get stuck in the lift as a result of it. I was twice stuck in the elevator while working at the Tv Station, the fright of it didn't allow me to use it again the few weeks the lift ever worked. 



Nevertheless, I pray I don't have to jog up in my pencil heels and knee length fitted gown to the 25th floor as I wait patiently for the light to come on.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely terrible. What a big shame and there are so many companies operating on different floors in that building.

Anonymous said...

Horrible, corporal punishment.

Anonymous said...

Since most Nigerians don't have time to exercise, it a way of exercising everyday. Abii?

Anonymous said...

An act of mismanagement!

Anonymous said...

state of the nation....

Anonymous said...

I wonda how u will feel inside the elevator for hrs,and u waikin to the 36th floor by fire by force u will burn out some fat in ur body(part of excerise)