Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Nollywood Actress and Philanthropist, Black Queen Shares Details Of Her Big Bang 40th Birthday Party

The much awaited birthday of Nollywood's filmmaker and philanthropist, Queen Blessing Ebigieson popularly known as Black Queen has come and gone but the party will still be held after the Covid-19 lockdown imposed in Nigeria and across the world.

Black Queen who began preparations last year for her 40th birthday Party had to postpone the celebration indefinitely till the country is free of Corona Virus and social distancing. In a chat with Olori Wendy, she shared her feelings about how she felt on her birthday as such a period.

"I feel grateful to God Almighty who alone brought me this far, who has been in my life from the beginning, I just could not stop shouting hallelujah! hosanna in the highest! I praised God in a different way from the time I woke on my birthday till this moment. I am still overwhelmed at the love and respect shown on me on my birthday by my man, son, family, colleagues, fans, and well-wishers. I can not thank God enough for giving me life and being in good health everyday."

What are your childhood dreams' greatest achievements today?

"I have always wanted to be on the screen as an actress and I have achieved that. As a Nollywood actress and filmmaker, my greatest achievement in life today is being able to serve humanity, doing that day to day, and also through my foundation; Queen Blessing Foundation. I also host widows February 14 (Valentines Day) every year which makes me very happy and fulfilled."

Reflecting on your life at 40, what personal views would you like to share with your fans?

"It is a big deal for me, I just did not believe the much talked about 40 is here. As a little girl, I had mapped out what I wanted my life to be by the time I turned 40 since life they say begins at 40. Let me say that I could not achieve all but the fact that I achieved quite a number of them, I must say I am grateful to God for all I have achieved so far. I know the new chapter of my life would continue to see me achieve more as I am not stopping in my goals to reach the height on my mind and to serve God's propose for my life; who is the solid rock on which I stand. I feel grateful extremely grateful.
In the last 40 years, my life has not been a bed of roses because I have had challenging times. Sometimes life became so difficult, some relationships started and ended, some businesses started and ended, but what never ends and would never end is my hope to always get ahead in life no matter what happens. I do not dwell in my misfortunes, I look forward positively as I know with God and my continued hard work, the end would justify the means."

Fans assume their celebrities' live a life of luxury and splendor, how true is that?

"My life has not been perfect as people would like to think. I have challenges like you all but maybe what makes me different is the way I handle my challenges when they come. Looking back over the last 40 years, I have no regrets whatsoever because I believe everything happens to us for a reason; good or bad, and we must always thank God, learn from our mistakes and leave it behind us, and move on. That is the only way we can truly be happy with or without luxuries."

Do you feel fulfilled each time you look back at that "little girl" who has now grown to become a "big girl"?

"I feel fulfilled for what I have now and what I know I will still achieve. I am working hard and believing God, knowing the best is yet to come. Looking back on how I started my life as a little girl who had nothing, who had to sell pepper and tomatoes to pay her way through school at 16, who at 20 years of age made her way into Nollywood and went through ups and downs, fought to stay relevant from just being "waka pass" to a household name, from just being an actress to a filmmaker; I must say I love and admire the "big girl" as you put it, that I have grown to become."

You seem to have a solid relationship with your son? How come you have bonded with him remarkably?

"Prince God'stime Osagie Okosun has been a blessing to me from God Almighty and I can't thank Papa God enough for giving me such an amazing Son. In last 14years of his life, I have been there for him both as a father and as a mother; we have been through ups and downs together, and he knows when I am happy or sad likewise. We have just each other so bonding has been easy. I try my best to be there for him when he needs me even in school and academically. I am sometimes his lesson teacher. Note that he left me for the first time at 11 years of age when he got admission into the Military Secondary School. We travel around the world together when I can afford it. I am everywhere he turns, I am his closest friend and I know his best friend, I also relate with all his friends, so you see; to bond with your child or children you must learn not to always shout but to listen to them and help them walk through whatever challenges or problems they may have at any point in time.
Being a single mother has not been easy as I have to do the job of two people, which is that of a father and a mother. However, I am blessed with a wonderful man who plays his role as a father figure well."

How do you see your career growth in the movie industry?

"My career has grown from just being "Waka Pass" to a sub-lead and then leading roles in movies over the last 20 years, and that is progress. Also, the fact that I have been producing movies in the last 10 years tells me I am on the right path. My stardom may not be as fast as people see or want it but trust me when I say I am as popular as one can be at the moment. Those who matter know me; you just have to type "Queen Blessing Ebigieson" on goggle and you will find all the information you need about me. I believe in slow but steady; trust me, it wins the race eventually. Nevertheless, I will be correct to say my career in the movie industry is in a good place."

How many movies have you been involved in and what are you currently up to production wise?

"So far I have acted in over 60 films including soaps. I have also produced over 13 movies credited to my production company BQ Productions Int'l LTD and 4 movies for other production companies.
At the moment, I just concluded work on my latest English films which were set to be launched at my 40th birthday party on the 18th of April in Lagos but had to be postponed because of Covid-19 which is killing people around the world in their numbers. A new date would be announced as soon as possible, believing this would be over soon. Let me also promise my fans that they will keep seeing great movies from me through my production company and other platforms. I would like to use this opportunity to thank my fans, Olori Wendy Blog and City People Media Group for always supporting me and my brand particularly Dr. Seye Kehinde and Olori Wendy; I am grateful."

Black Queen had been confined at home since orders were given for the lockdown and she shared her feelings about the worldwide physical distancing.

"Remember this would go away soon so please stay home! stay safe!"

She likewise expressed her gratefulnesss to God for having amazing families and loved ones who are still playing positive roles in her life.

"I feel grateful to God for giving me life and good health. I feel grateful for the kind of family I have, and for the kind of friends as well as challenges that I have. I am also grateful for the  godfathers and mothers that I have, for the kind of son I have, and for the kindhearted man God has blessed me with in the last 8years. My man has been so loving, supportive and understanding."

Nevertheless, the new date for her big bang 40th birthday party will be announced as soon as the world is ready for physical socialization and Covid-19 becomes history. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Black Queen

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Queen on her 40th. Cheers

Anonymous said...

Happy 40th birthday. Long life and more movies.

Frankly Omons said...

That's great bless God for the good things he have been doing in your life may your name be prace and happy birthday to you much love stay safe