Friday, May 19, 2017

South Africa Based Singer Lucci Gucci Shares The Secret Of Her Pink Lips

 
Nigerian born South Africa based music artiste Lucci Gucci is currently nursing a new project tagged Pink Lips to celebrate and honor women all over the world irrespective of their age, size or color. 
As a lady who believes every woman should never be relegated to the background, she is using the platform to be a voice for women and to encourage women to be positive no matter their flaws. 
She shared with Olori Wendy, her aim and projects. 

I heard about pink lips last year, what is it really about?

Pink lips is an Event created to celebrate women all over the world through  music, we reach out to all women facing abuse and also empowering them to stand up for themselves. 
Pink lips is an event also created to change the perception of seeing women in a social gatherings/spots such as clubs etc. as irresponsible.
We educate women according to the professional requirement and encourage them to grow further in life. These and more objectives. 
 

What inspired you to take up the pink lips campaign personally?
   
First of all, I am a survivor of an abused relationship, women abuse has become a trend in the society now that it's no longer a new thing seeing a woman being battered by the same person they have vowed their love for or by those who derive joy from seeing a woman being abused. 
Secondly, everyday I see some women envying and talking  down on each other not knowing how similar the struggles we all face. A woman may appear fragile but only exposes an unbelievably strenght when faced with a challenge...then you know truly how powerful women are...in other words,  I got inspired by the strength of an average woman and how she conquers every hard situations that comes across her way.
 

What are people's response to it since you started hyping pink lips?

Amazingly, people are responding so positively to pink lips ever since the first season which drew people from far and near, I'm glad to tell you that pink lips is doing great in terms of creating the intended  message and people responding well to it.
 

What have you done so far on pink lips and how did it go? 

The first season of pink lips was called the "Empress night" which presnts every woman as princess.., it really went well I must say.. it was a massive turn up.
 

As a music artist, how has it affected your music?

It has really affected my career in a very positive way. As an artist, I use my music also to celebrate women and to also make every woman that get to listen to my songs to feel special and loved.


What's the next pink lips project?

We are hosting the very second season of pink lips in South Africa, hopefully, we are looking foward to having a bigger and better one this time.
 

What are you up to currently musically?

I just finished and will soon release a song which I featured a known South African Actor and artist...watch out for it. *winks*

 

How do you combine your personal life with your entertainment world?

I'm like a two different person in one,  I am like every normal girl next door but when I'm at work (performing) I give it all my best.
 

How has living in South Africa changed your views or lifestyle as a Nigerian lady?

 I've always had my own way of seeing life generally even back in my Country Nigeria, I've always believed that life should be lived with caution and care....but living in  South Africa and meeting new friends has also  upgraded my views about life; you know living in a country where you are a foreigner and yet you are loved and cared for like you are a citizen, yes, living in South Africa has changed my lifestyle as a Nigerian women in a positive way.
 

What would you like the world to know about you and your beliefs? 

First of all, Lucci Gucci is a very humble lady who loves seeing everyone around her happy and positive. 
I advice everybody to put God first in everything. Do your part as a human and leave the rest for God.
Once you have a dream and work towards it, it must surely come to reality. 
 

Follow me on 
Instagram: lucci_gucci_official
Facebook:lucci odims,
Follow our page on facebook: pink lips
Instagram: pink lips.
Thank you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a nice initiative coming from her

Anonymous said...

Coming from a 9ja girl based abroad, that's a very good project

Anonymous said...

Lovely! Keep the fire burning girl.

Unknown said...

Big up Lucci Gucci, one focused woman who has a great voice to inspire and change the world. Pink lips, a great initiative to also give gentlemen something to think about. Why should women fill indangered by men. Not looking good for guys......keep yo head up Lucci Gucci all the way....

Martin said...

From the very the first time i watched her perform on stage i knew lucci gucci would go places, she's so bold and creative.

Unknown said...

You are a wonderful and most beautiful lady. From the first time we met, you just gave me a warm smile. Believe me I just love the way and who you are. Naija woman. Big ups and I will not miss this event. You are a leader.mwaaaah