Saturday, August 22, 2020

Gospel Singer Akò Embraces Music Against Age Odds

 The adage "age is nothing but a number" was highlighted in the life of Agafe Kester Obiakalusi who proved that one can be whatever one wants to be at any age by embracing his childhood dream- Music.

Agafe Kester Obiakalusi also known as Anoticed his music talent decades ago but dived right into it few years ago when his childhood dreams lingered on. He would have nosedived into his career earlier on but he could not plunge into his dreams because of other life commitments and unknown forces beyond his explanation. However, as fate would have it, he recently embraced his music passion and is currently following his aspirations.




"I just did one album now and trusting God to guide me on for more. I am glad I took the right direction in this long awaited music journey and I hope it leads to success and glory," Akò shared with Olori Wendy Blog.

He also revealed other activities that fill up his daily schedule besides music.

"Apart from music, I am a business man first, and a contractor with Ikeja Electric. I also work with other firms on power projects. I am likewise contracting with Lagos State Water Corporation on transformer installations, and repairs with other electrical works. Besides all that, I am a practicing politician and a provost in Ndigbo APC Lagos State," Akò said.




Most fast-rising artistes look forward to working with established musicians, and Akò shared the musicians he would like to record and perform with.

"Some of the gospel singers I would like to work with are our Nigerian international music stars like Buchi and Sinach. They are really inspiring and I hope to feature them in my music some day," he shared.

Akò also shared his future envisions and plans towards his music career as he is willing to dedicate more time and focus in the gospel music genre he has embraced for his career.

" I hope to be acknowledged all over the world and be reckoned with in the gospel music industry by God's grace. It has been a long time coming but as I have decided to sow in this career I hope to reap it's rewards and glory within the next three to five years.




Despite him beginning his music journey as a full blown adult, Akò with his experience so far shared some words of encouragement to aspiring gospel musicians.

"My advice to aspiring gospel musicians is for them to trust and believe in God no mater the situation. They should remain determined, believe in themselves and have extra amount of determination to achieve. They also should not give up on their dreams because dreams can come true in reality," he advised.

Agafe Kester Obiakalusi popularly known as Akò is an example of those who takes their chance at happiness to be whatever they want to be without allowing their age to be a deciding factor. 

No comments: