Saturday, January 23, 2016

I Started Acting To Enable Me Pay For My School Fees - Shan George



Shan George was one never aging pretty Nollywood actress who rocked the 90s and still trending in the new century. The beautiful mixed race actress appealed to fans with her down to earth feats on screens, and though most of those reigned with her are now off the action, she is still performing with the lights, camera on. Off the set, she shared a lot about her personal life to Olori Wendy.



You seem to be shooting a lot of movies in Calabar, are there specific reasons for that?

That is specifically because my mom has been ill and bedridden for the past four years, and in order to take care of my mom and still do my work, I had to move to calabar two years ago after we left the hospital. 
I'm an only child and I dont want to leave my mother to any other person's care. However, she is much better now. 


Why did you decide to choose acting as a career, was it for fame, money or other reasons?

I actually didn't chose acting, acting chose me. It all began when I gained admission into UNILAG in 1996. I was actually looking for a part time job to enable me pay my school fees/bills, that was when I met Blessing Eremi (now mrs Blessing Stevens. who is an actress/pastor), she introduced me to acting, though I studied Mass Communication. Nevertheless, that is how I got into acting. 



You have been able to stay relevant in the industry despite others quitting, what is the secret?

I would say there is no secret. Others may have found something else that tickles their fancy, but for me, I stayed because I grew to love the job that saw me through school.   


Which of your colleagues that quitted would you love to see back on set?

There are actually so many of them, but I cant mention names.  



In what ways have the movie industry affected you negatively?

The part I have been affected is mostly that part where people see one for the negative roles one plays, forgetting that it is just an act, and sometimes they treat one likewise.


What was your most pleasant moment as an actress?

My most pleasant moment as an actress is when I realeased the first film I produced 'ALL FOR WINNIE' 1999. It was quite exhilarating 



What would you like changed in the industry?

What I would like to see changed is about the marketing and funding that is lacking behind. I would really like to see that change for the better.
I will also like to see those who know enough about movie making sit as the head of censor's board. 


Which actors or actresses have been difficult to work with?

I for one have never had any experience with difficult actors, so I will say i dont know.



How do you manage to keep looking prettier, any beauty secrets?

I would first thank you for the compliment. Quite honestly there are no secrets about my looks, so let's just say 'NA GOD'  


Has your career been financially rewarding?

My career has been rewarding enough to put food on my table and solve necessary urgent money matters in my life. I am quite satisfied with that for now, as I hope for the better. so that I can also be of good financial assistance to others.



In what ways has it affected your family?

My career has affected my family in ways that we don't have to beg for our immediate human needs. like food, cloth and shelter. 



What would you like fans to know about you and also watch out for?

Fans should know I care about how they feel and I work very hard so as to serve them good entertainment without bitterness. my latest film FINDING GOODLUCK is now out on dvd, and also BEYOND BLOOD is currently in Cinemas Nationwide. as we are still in d studio editting my upcoming film ONE GOOD MAN. 


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love her. She is an amazing actress

Anonymous said...

She looks just the same. Her mates are all bloated up. Nice that she takes care of herself and career

Anonymous said...

Lovely lady, like her actress. Can't wait to watch her new movies

Anonymous said...

Started from the bottom now we up. That should be her song. Nice that she continued her passion after school.

Anonymous said...

It's good she didn't quit. Perseverance pays off. Really proud of her. And she's so pretty

Anonymous said...

Her life is a lesson to other aspiring celebrities, don't give up on your talent. Some day it will pay off

preshendowed said...

Aunty Shan as I always call her is one in a million! An angel that derives joy in making people happy! Offering numerous humanitarian helps without looking back... Much love and God's guidance to her

Anonymous said...

Good Job! Keep it up.