Friday, January 16, 2015

Olori wendy searches for husband


Multi talented entertainer and media personnel Olugbodi Yewande popular known as Olori Wendy who has been involved in music, modeling,Tv, radio and print recently shot her inaugural movie in South Africa and back home in Nigeria. 
Though, an occasional actress, who has featured in both English and Yoruba movies, she showcased her self as the lead in the Yoruba, English subtitled movie. 
Olori Wendy runs Wendytunes Entertainment which hallmarks her blog Olori Wendy Blog, Event Organizing and PR.  


What inspired your movie?
A lot of things inspired me in shooting the movie, first to prove to myself I was fully ready to go into movie production, however as a producer, as I did a cinematographer course in Cape Town, South Africa some years ago. Though I had basic knowledge of camera and lighting. 
Also, I want to cause a new trend in the Nigerian movie industry, where people can watch quality movies, laugh and learn some lessons. I was also inspired by a couple of friends in the industry, who told me I could do it, and their own productions taught me a few things. Nevertheless, it is something I have always wanted to do, and Tyler Perry greatly inspired me in one of his speeches and so I was set. 

What is the title?
The movie title is Awokoku (Seaching for husband desperately). I had written the story two years ago, while I was in South Africa. It is a story about three ladies in the entertainment industry who had reached their marital age and thus ready to settle down, but modernization, neglect of their cultural, lack of moral values caused a lot of delay in getting their spouses. It showcases mistakes young ladies make in relationships and points out corrective measures. It is basically a romance movie with a hint of comedy.
 
Who and who featured in the movie?
Several notable and fast rising Nollywood stars featured in the movie like Femi Adebayo, Kemi Afolabi, Jaiye Kuti, Jeff Olajide, Princess Adetoyin, Shoprite and many others. The South Africa shoot featured Fadekemi Momoh, popular Nigerian SA based artistes like Bolo J, Kimzbeat, Shegzy as well as South African actors and actresses.

Which movies have u acted before?
I have acted in several movies, some of which I can't recall their titles especially the English ones. However the recent ones are Lori Ere, 3 Divas, Faith, TNK. I have also featured in some South African movies as well. 

When is the release date for the movie?
The release date hasn't been set for Awokoku, because it is still being edited. However, I'm looking at the first quarter of this year.