Thursday, December 3, 2015

Popular Movie Director, Titi Jeje Reveals Juicy Stories From His Movie Set

Titi Jeje is an incredible movie director who stormed the movie industry with a difference. Though he has been involved in various productions, he has however caused quite a stir in the Yoruba movie genre. 
He is quite noted for being young, calm and easy to work with and the result of his directing in movies are usually outstanding and remarkable. 
In his few years in the industry as a director, he has earned respect among his older counterparts, and also won several awards for excellence.
       In an interview with Olori Wendy, he shares his life on set with her, divulging the secrets of his life as a film director.


In less than a year you were able to make a mark in the movie industry, what is your secret?

3 major things are the secret; God, deligent and hard work. When you understand what you coming in to do, it makes it looks fast. 
But God is the ultimate 

What made you decide to pursue directing as a career?
 
Though I started as a cinematographer (prof cameraman) I was a cinematographer for 7years before film school, so when I got back from film school I started directing. 
I decided to go into directing fully because I want lots of changes in the way our movies are made, our plotting, depth, scripting, languages. We need to change. I see better movies on screen so fresh hands needs to come to add their own to encourage the ones into it already. 



How many productions have you been involved in and how long have you been working as a director in the industry?

Lost count when it comes to numbers of jobs, because I have been directing for a while now but with Yoruba film, this is my second year.

Why did you decide to focus on the Yoruba movie industry?

 Nope, my focus isn't on Yoruba movies alone, I am into English movies too, I also do lots of commercials too but the fact that I am the newest director in the Yoruba scene now, that is probably why it looks like am focussing more on the Yoruba movies. 
But then I guess I need to do more genres and focus on the reason why I chose to start directing movies generally.



So which production has been most challenging to you? 

Yoruba ni ooo, because reading the script written in our Yoruba language alone is a challenge, especially if you are not used to it.
Yoruba shoots are also challenging because communication alone is a big challenge. 
Go down low, produced by Yomi Gold, shot sometimes last year is one of the most challenging production I have worked on because we had creams of super stars on the project, massive crew and casts. It was a big project, and very challenging, because I have never worked with such crowd before.

Wow that's amazing. So what is your most embarrassing or awkward moment on set?

 Most embarrassing and awkward moment on set was my first Yoruba movie, it was shot in Oyo where the crew couldn't recognized me as the director. They were asking the DOP questions meant for director because  they have not seen me before, they discovered know me and I was ashamed.
I watched them do that for like two scenes, but I later called them to order and I took my stand. It was embarrassing I must confess.

 Lol, that is really funny. So what is your most happiest moment on production?
 
My happiest moment on production was the day I shot a movie and virtually everyone on that set cried because of a particular scene. The movie will be out pretty soon, it is titled KOTO.



Wow. So amazing !!!. So would you say directing as a career in Nigeria has been financially rewarding. Do you make enough money from it?

Money ke? Money is out of it, we are just doing it because of the love for the work. You know when you are so much in love with a thing, you won't look at the other side, you just carry on. The passion is what we are happy with.

 Has there been actors/actresses you hate working with?

 Why should I hate?, as a professional, you have to know how to relate and handle everyone. We are from different biological background so the way we are going to reason will be different so you have to know how best to handle people. There is nothing like hate for me in the industry as far as I am concerned.



So how is your love life involved or affected in your media business?

Not at all, it is not affecting me in anyway because I am blessed with someone who as no interest in TV or anything related to media. We are just too cool with our separate businesses. 

So can you name top 5 of ur movies. Also which works are you currently on that you will like movie fans to watch out for?

Top 5? Hmmm.... I love all my works but I will just mention few without any attachments or any special interests... Tani oniro, Eje aburo mi, Koto, alase odo, ishanna, bella, ile wura, go down low, Ota ibon, ejika I we iranti etc.
 
Presently I am working on a movie by my dialogue director titled Akaba Ola, Amb Irebamidele and my own man 220 on The Broadcast. While you really need to watch out for this, my own movie gan gan from Charmcitystudios ELEJI and AGOGO IDE is going to hit the screen pretty soon. 



What would you like your fans to know about you?

Hmm... Nothing much, Titi Jeje is your product, support your own boy, buy all his films, say no to piracy, and don't hesitate to tell us our mistakes. We all learn everyday through one means or the other. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely and impressive

Seyi ojulari said...

that is good i really love this story am i think i can be you titi jeje may God continue bless you and you will never go down in jesus name make you grow up more you think in this industry