Monday, October 20, 2014

Networking with 9etwork !!!

9etwork whose birth name is Victor Iheanacho is a Nigerian artiste based in the United Kingdom. He is set to dominate the music scene despite various talented Artistes whose songs are already causing a storm on the airwaves. In an exclusive interview with Olori Wendy, he shares his passion and efforts for the world to know.


What does 9etwork mean, why choose that name, and what is your birth name?

My birth name is Victor Iheanacho, 9etwork started from friends, it is actually how to  coordinate friends together. 9etwork is all about unity. 


What was you childhood like and how is it relevant to your music background?

My childhood was fantastic, although my parents were strict just like any other African parents. I will say my childhood shaped me up to a better person that I am today, and getting together other kids in the hood helped me musically. 


As an adult, how has been the music journey been, and what made you venture into music professionally? 

It has been mixed feeling I would say, but generally it hass been good. However I ventured into music professionally because of my passion for it.


Has it been an advantage or disadvantage you are based in the UK?

Actually I live in the Uk as well as in Nigeria so I kinda shuttle both countries, It is an advantage because I live in both countries. 


What are you presently up to musically, also what are the challenges involved?

At the moment I have a single titled #naira remix out, and the fans have been supportive. However, the real challenges are finding like minded people to work with.


What is unique about you as an artiste, and your music?

I won't say there is anything unique, but no matter how rich famous or whatever you are, you are still gonna be who you are. I will say it is because I am me. 


Besides music, what other businesses are you involved in?

I am a dry wall engineer, besides being a music artiste, and I work here in the United Kingdom.


How do you combine the two, going for shows and being an engineer? Is it awkward in any way?

It has never been awkward in any way, when you have passion for something, you can go a mile not realizing you have actually done 10k marathon. I enjoy both because they fit into my schedule.


Let's get personal now, are you married or have kids? If no, what is your idea of an ideal woman?

I am very much single, I prefer a down to earth kind of woman, but not someone in entertainment though, I am still searching for that special woman.


Why not someone in entertainment? What do you have against women in entertainment?

I have nothing against women in entertainment, it is just that I want to keep my private life private. I do part time modeling, my ex is in the entertainment business, I know the stress we went with the media that led to our split, it wasn't easy and I wouldn't like to experience such again.


What happens if you then fall in love with a woman in the entertainment business? 

That is the big issue, one of the happiest thing in life is when you know, that you are in love with someone who is even more in love with you. if it is to happen that way, well no one can control who he or she falls in love with.


Any thing you want fans to know about you?

I want to thank my fans for appreciating me the way I am, and the love they have given me. I will fill the air wave with meaningful music.


Lastly what's ur music all about and ur brand of music

My music is mostly about uplifting and encouragement and real life kind of music, for instance my new single #naira remix, I sang  about life issues. I do Afro pop as my brand of music.


No comments: