Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Edo State Top Personality, Prince Kassim Afegbua, reveals his views on State and Personal Matters

Prince Kassim Afegbua

Prince Kassim Afegbua, a first degree graduate in English, with Post graduate in Public Relations, bares his mind on his job as the Special Adviser, Media and Public Affairs to comrade Governor Adams Oshiomhole as well as on Politics, Leadership, Democracy and Nigeria, and likewise his Social Life.

Insight to Prince Kassim Afegbua?

I'm a politician, media person and also into  fashion. I have been in politics for sixteen years, from grass root democratic movement in Abacha days, to PDP to National Democratic Party, then rose to acting chairman of NDP, served as director general of that party. However, for nine years, I have been media spokesman for general Babangida, served as special adviser, media and public affairs to comrade Governor Adams Oshiomhole.


Your Role as a Special Adviser on Media and Public Affairs?

My role is to interface between the Governor and the people, trying to simplify true communication, the essential policy focus of the administration.
I try as much as possible to explain to the people the motive, intentions and governance aspirations to the people in the various section of the states economy.

I speak for the Governor, on television, radio, and newspaper.
I advise him on what to do because issues come up,



Your View About Your Governor's Leadership?

His leadership is anchored on the maxim. Let the people lead. That means, since the people are the repository of power, you must give them every room to express themselves and their perception about governance in the state.
The governance is a result driven one, with special emphasis on infrastructural development, human capacity development, and a clear cut policy that caters for the generality of the people of the state, which I have keyed into that, that's why I'm serving in the administration. The Governor is on his second term. So he's leveraging on the economic infrastructure of his first term to create jobs opportunities and employment opportunities for a greater percentage of the population as a deliberate policy to take Edo state to the next level.
Black Queen, Prince Kassim Afegbua, Prince Abudul Dirisu


What Do You Think About Democracy In Nigeria?

Nigeria democracy is usually called Nigerianized democracy because in most cases it defies all the conventional principles of democracy. But we are happy that we are gradually making progress through a conscious and well mobilized electorate that are beginning to take their destinies in their own hands. We may not have gotten it right but with more pluck, we will get there some day.



Rate on Nigeria Elections?

We are making progress in the area of credible election. Edo and Ondo state are good examples of good elections. Once we have credible opposition, then the level of abuses by the ruling party will be minimized and that will give room for credible election.


State On Corruption?

Corruption is very endemic in Nigeria, because of weak laws, and ineffective enforcement of prosecuted cases. So to that extent we will continue to have abuses until such a time when there are strong institutions to check mate the discretionary power of individuals and the monopoly of it. Corruption is defined as monopoly plus discretion minus accountability


What Hope For Nigeria and Leadership?

I have hope as a Nigerian that things will get better, I'm also proud to be a Nigerian, each time I travel out I see myself as a nobody, but when I'm in my country of one hundred and sixty million (160m) people, I see myself as somebody. Democratic dictatorship kind of a leader is what will work for Nigeria, the person should be elected as a democrat but should be dictatorial in his action, he will deploy courage, strong political will and unequivocal determination to tackle corruption and other anti-developmental vices



Your political dream?

My political dream is to be president of Nigeria, starting from the presidency. I'm not going to contest for any other election.


Fashion World?

I have an outfit called Raff and Kay fashion concept where fabrics speak the language of style, if we feel the texture of your fabric, then we know the style that will be suitable for it to suit your taste and expectations. We are barely one year old and have lots of distinguished Nigerians on our list of clients. It is exclusively owned by me. Raff is the abbreviation for my wife's name and my two kids and Kay is my own.


Social Life?

After too much work,I sleep, I read books and I watch football. I don't party, I'm a one man riot squad, me n me and my family.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice interview, classic

Anonymous said...

True talk prince

Anonymous said...

This official soji wella....hehehehehe