Friday, October 16, 2015

Helen Paul Clears Rumour Of Fight Between Her And Ali Baba

Seems the media is just trying to promote that all is not well between comedienne Helen Paul and her senior colleague, Ali Baba. 

However, Helen has deemed it fit to reply to the Ali Baba’s post on Backstabbing which some people reacted negatively to the piece insinuating that the renowned humourist, Ali Baba was referring to her in the post.


It was alleged
that Helen Paul took a swipe at Alibaba and Gordon at a show recently which made the older comedian call her out. But Helen says, it is far from the truth and she has nothing to do with Mr Ali’s post.

She stated that “I have watched with mixed feelings, ranging from bewilderment at first, to amazement, and now utter amusement, as some mischief makers have tried to create a non-existent frosty relationship between me and my father and mentor in the industry, Ali Baba. It all started with my jabs at a show – something we all as comedians throw at each other every now and then. All done for laughs – nothing personal. Ali Baba is someone I respect a lot and it will be foolhardy for anyone to think that I was ‘insulting’ him at that event. I am like a daughter to him and I am sure if he has any issues with me, he would, as an elder and a father, talk to me personally about it. The account and scenario described in his post allegedly referring to me did not even happen to or involve me. It amuses me how people easily read between imaginary lines so that they, like Don King, can promote battles, lol.” 



No comments: