Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Black Queen : A Black Queen with a Pure Heart

PDO (157)
w12 wendy n d
w3
wendy 1
Givers they say never lack, and that is true with Nollywood Actress, Producer and Model, Queen Ebigieson, as she has never lacked in giving out donations to the less privileged against all odds. In a chat with the star who is living up to her birthname, she shares her story on giving and her Valentine plans.
One would call you a philanthropist, and with your actions, you have proven you don’t have to have excess millions to impact lives, how did you start your generosity lifestyle?
I was born like this, my mom told me that when I was little, any time she gives me food, I will just round up all my friends and watch them eat. Atimes I wont even eat with them, with that I just understand the reason why giving or say sharing the little that I have gives me joy so I would say I was born to touch lives.
This is so inspiring, so when did you officially start your charity works, I mean being registered and all?
I started about six years ago but QBF was officially registered on the 26th of January 2011. I started  caring for children and last year, QBF added the widows support scheme to it’s many charity works.
How has it been so far, what challenges have you faced in fulfilling your heart’s desire of giving to these people?
It has been wonderful. I am a positive speaker so I would say I have had my challenges. when you plan an event, people promise to support and you include them but at the end of the day, they don’t keep to their promises. You are forced to do it yourself because for me my word is my bond.
Are you presently concentrating on only old women and widows as last year’s valentine was spent with widows in okpella, Edo state, your state of origin?
No, I am not focused on only widows and old women. I just felt the need to do some thing for them atleast once every year and QBF picked lovers day for that and I also believe helping the widows is helping the children as well as no real mother will sit and watch her child go hungry.
So what is the plan for this year’s valentine, What are the expectations?
We are hosting 200 widows ofcourse, we will have more than that you know how parties in Nigeria are naa!!!. Music, food, drinks, fun !! fun !! all the way and after that, I’m going to give out six yards of Ankara each to 200 widows. Ten thousand Naira each to ten lucky widows, as well as six sewing machines, also to six lucky widows. I used used the word lucky because there will be a lucky dip, the number that is picked would be the winner, so for that reason all the invites for the widows were numbered.
So how is the preparation so far, any hitches, any call for help?
It has been stressful but because for me, I see only solutions and not just   it’s going on fine. We got help from the patrons of QBF, Mr Jimi Agbaje’s love to support the less privileged in our society humbles me, Prof. Pat Utomi as well, and some people who saw what we did in Okpella and said to themselves they won’t be left out of this blessings and Olukoge Support Foundation has supported QBF greatly too.
Wish you all the best. Anything else you want the world to know?
Yes I want my fans to expect my new movies going out soon. Another block buster from BQ PRODUCTIONS titled EJOMIKO and TNK. By the way TNK was shot in Nigeria and the USA.

No comments: