Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Exclusive interview with Black Queen


Black Queen
Queen Blessing Ebigieson aka Black Queen is a Nollywood actress, model and a philanthropist. Edo state, Okpella Easako East, born to be precise, she is from a family of six, four boys and two girls, the fourth born and first female child of her parents.
      She has an OND in Mass Communication from the Federal Polytechnic, Bida, Niger State and has been acting for over twelve (12) years. She became a producer of her own movies two years ago.
A mother of a six year old son, single, and never been married, she opens up on her world and share intricate details about her life.

Queen Blessing Ebigieson

What motivated you to go into acting and how has the journey been so far?

I would say my motivation was people cos they always said I talk like actresses and walk like models and d fact that times where very hard for me at that time, having to pay my way through school, look after my siblings etc.


What's your most challenging role in a movie?

My most challenging role, hmmmmmmm !!! to me, all my roles have been challenging. Acting is not easy as it seems on screens, it's a make-believe world where anything and everything has to look real. 
For me all d roles I've done are challenging but if I must pick, then I would say my role in an empty coffin and my latest movie "lori ere". 


How would you view the movie industry compared to when you started years ago. what are the relatives changes?

I would say it's better than when I started cos more people are producing now and the industry is going places, in teams of quality, we are now trying to do our movie the right way even though it's difficult I know i will get there someday


How many movies have you produced and what inspired the story-lines?

I've produced three (3) movies so far "Borokinni" is out, "Lori Ere" will be out soon, I launched it on the 28th of Oct here in Lagos, and the third one is "tami ni kan" which am almost done with. I just got back from India and Dubai where I shot some few clips. 
   The stories, hmmmmm !!!, I write what I see around me and what I know will contribute in changing Nigeria for the better, and I've acted in more than 40 movies, "Pretty Angels", "Moment of Joy", "Sweet Love", "Back 2 Back", " Lost Love", "Romantic Touch", "Missing U", "Okoloko", "Omo Butty" etc.
 For soaps I acted in Super Story, "This Life", "Eldorado", "Gals Next Door" etc. 


You recently launched a new movie, give us an insight about it?

The launching was to create awareness for the movie when it comes out, and I also used the opportunity to launch my foundation "Queen Blessing Foundation" for the less privileged. Right now we are supporting widows and we have five (5) of them that we have open little businesses for. I've also been going to other established motherless home to show our support


An actress was kidnapped at your launch but luckily found, how did it affect you and what's the story on the kidnap?

She was not kidnapped at my launching, she was kidnapped at Omole Estate, far from where my launching took place. My launch was at 1 akilo Road, off Oba Akran at Ikeja, now tell me was she kidnapped at my launching? I don't know why people added my name to that BC, even if Mr President is doing a party he will only provide security at the venue which I did too, the AIG of police, Mr Solomon Arase gave me police men from we started till the end of the event, even I, the celebrant when I was leaving, I left on my own.
Anyway, I was glad she escaped unharmed. "Make God no let us see bad thing". It is well, that all I can say. 


Black is beautiful and you are absolutely beautiful, what is black to you as well as your fashion?

Yes !!!, you are right about that, black is beautiful, I love my complexion. Lots of people get attracted to me because of my skin colour first before they start seeing other qualities, so for that, I bless God everyday for creating me this dark and beautiful. Infact for u to know how much I love my complexion, my e-mail address is "blackqueen4live", my production name is "BQ productions", my aka is Black Queen.

     My fashion, hmmmmmm !!!, fashion for me is what you make of it. I like clothes, shoes, bags etc. I wear what makes me comfortable not because others are wearing it. I love short dresses a lot, I like to keep it simple, chic and nice. 


Besides acting, what other activities are you involved in?

Besides acting, hmmmmmm !!! I have a boutique, I 've a foundation, I'm a girl friend to a man who ways want my attention hahahaha !!!, I'm also a mother to the most handsome boy in d world so I have my hands full, I'm always busy. 


What are you plans for christmas?

For me, everyday God gives me life is Christmas. I don't travel this period, my family comes to visit me cos I'm a mother to every member of my family. Both the old and young always love to be around me and I feel so loved when I see them, so for that reason I usually take my vacation b4 Christmas.

    I'd like to wish my fans all d best at christmas and always, without them there is no BQ. keep buying and watching my movies and soaps etc. I love u . 


What's your take on love and life?

Love is Life and Life is Love. We should just try our best no matter how hurt we might have been in the past. We should always give it a chance cos u never know......

Her photo section 

No comments: